You ever had a question or concern that you wanted to hear from God about? You want to know how to do it his way so you won’t fail at trying to complete the task in your own strength. Well here is some fresh revelation the Lord put on my heart regarding inquiring of him.
It is good to inquire of the Lord. Why do so many fail to follow this step when trying to figure out how to decide on something? Some doubt because they are not sure if they can truly hear his voice of God. To know the voice of God you must familiarize yourself with his voice. Be still before him and ask questions and state your concerns to him and he will answer you. His voice will likely sound like your “thinking” voice. (It may vary for others.) You cannot leave any room for doubt in your mind. The Lord works with your faith; remember without faith it is impossible to please God.
Some fear they will be deceived by the enemy. The answers you receive should bring three things Faith, Hope, and Love (even Peace) If you are left with fear, doubt, hopelessness, hate, confusion then it is not of the Lord. Either you are being deceived by the enemy or you are operating in your own strength and imagination. The thoughts should come spontaneously and flow like water; they should bring you closer God.
Here are some thoughts to keep in mind in order to receive from God:
- Come before the Lord with an open heart. Acknowledge his ability to answer your inquiry of him.
- Do not limit God by putting time restraints or thinking he will not answer your question or concerns. (1Peter 5:7 Cast all his cares on him because he cares for you)
- Wait and expect an answer from him(Psalm 5:3 In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.) At times the answer may come as you are in the actual situation. If you did not receive an answer or wasn’t sure, approach him again. It may be that he has given you an answer but your spirit did not receive it for various reasons (i.e. distractions) . The Lord will not cause you to be confused.
- If you are asking the Lord a ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ question, do not be surprised when he says ‘No’. It may not be in the right timing or it may not be his will for you at all.
- When expecting a response don’t expect some King James version response. The Lord will respond to your personality but not in any offensive, sarcastic, demeaning way. He is a gentleman . It is the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit, responding to you. He is talking to your spirit. Spirit to spirit. With that said, If you have not accepted Jesus Christ ,the son of God, as your Lord and Savior then you will have a hard time trying to hear the Holy Spirit. It’s not impossible John 14:17 The Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him
- Every born again believer of Jesus Christ is able to hear from God. The Lord wants nothing more than to communicate with his children.
- If you do not have the time to put aside to sit and hear from God, than make the time (There must be something that you can sacrifice doing in order to receive from him.) If you normally do take time to hear from him, yet you are busy running errands and working over time, then out of his grace and mercy upon us he will talk to us as we ask him. (This holds true for us all.)
We are not to neglect the precious time we are to have with the Lord God. He is our source, our fuel. We must fuel up on him or do you know what will happen? Thats right you’ll run out of gas and the enemy loves to prey on God’s children especially the ones who have run out on their source, God. He loves us dearly and wants his children to live life and live it abundantly in Him.
..and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. John 10:4